Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Jar

I know when we are not skint, because I find money everywhere. Pockets, bedside tables, window sills, the car ashtray, the back of the couch, forgotten purses, the bottom of the washing machine. When things get tight, these areas are looted and the cash disappears. When I wasn't working, prior to the birth of MB, there was no loose change to be had. Not a cent.

Presently, there's tidbits of money floating all about our house. I notice more now since our young baby can reach up to flat surfaces and sweep off articles to then chew and explore. I am sure he'll get a five cent piece, any day now. And we'll be off to Emergency. Our habits have to change.

So I've made a jar. Not for 'goldies' or big money, just the shrapnel that we don't use. It's the 5c jar and all the floating money is going in there. To prevent a choking baby, to prevent disappearing money. I'm not saving it under pressure, it's not for fun, or a special occasion. Just a little bit more money saved. Let's see how much.....

No comments: