Thursday, April 10, 2008

kickbacks

And there I was whinging about the cost of health cover!

Those of you completely disinterested in health insurance will have no idea that presently my health fund is being bought out by a larger, British based health fund. And to encourage the members to go along with it, they're offering cash payments to smooth the way. Woo-hoo!

I'm sure there are lawyers and such who would be horrified by my statement. I'm sure it's much more complex than that. If I'd really read the fine print I may be upset about the takeover, but all I saw was the four figures at the top of the statement letter and where to put my bank details. I'm so easily bought off. But an unexpected windfall is a brilliant way to start the week. It always seemed to me that this kind of thing happened to other people. This time, it's us. Hooray!

No comments: