Friday, November 20, 2009

Hello. In the spirit on NOBLOPOMO (blogger challenge month to post every day) I thought I'd head over here and give a bit back. Reading other stories all the time feels so take, take, take.

To catch up those wondering what's been happening, I am flat out being the baker's wife at the moment, and for the past months. Our staffing crisis has not been averted and so I find myself doing a whole lot more than what I'd ever intended. Anyone with Human Resources advice better than 'make up a manual and give them warnings' feel free to drop a line...

Lucien turned one in October, which was the highlight of the month. My russian shop hand made his cake, a magnificent creation called a 'russian honey cake'. It was layers of ginger/honey biscuit sandwiched with sour cream and walnuts in layers, like a chocolate ripple cake the size of a plate. It was beautiful. Lu was especially impressed and stuck his long baby finger straight into the creamy mass, ignoring the candle, which Gabriel was trying to blow out from two metres away. Which means he was spitting on it cake from a distance. Wonderful.

Our vege garden is going gangbusters, thanks to that fantastic rain, and even today enough of a spattering to stop me having to water it. Gabs is so proud, he walks along and names all the veges and is constantly sticking things in the soil telling me it's 'to keep the mozzies away from our vegies,'.

So that's our brief update. I'll be back here sooner than last time I hope, but no promises.

No comments: