Wednesday, June 5, 2013

sharp shock

I am simultaneously reading Michael Pollan's "In Defence of Food" and Steven Poole's "You Aren't What You Eat- Fed Up With Gastroculture".

 Both these books are doing a fair job of dismantling my core life philosophy, and highlighting just how bamboozling, contrived and wrong Western food science/culture is. Nice one.

I have spent two days living that very zen experience of having my ego destroyed. Realising that all which I value and am valued for may be superficial and facetious. While undertaking a crazy, faddist diet chock full of untested and trendy super-foods, which cost the earth (monetarily and maybe environmentally) and may actually be messing with my hormones/adrenal system, which I am trying to fix.

Aaarrghhhh!

Fascinating stuff.

No comments: