Thursday, July 31, 2008

falling to bits

What a shocker. We are falling to bits in this house. No, not the house, the inhabitants. How did it get this way? We are on a super health drive!

Well, it started when I spent last Sunday dutifully washing up at work and since it wasn't busy, I was in the sink for about three hours. Three hours, pregnant and hunched over.

So by about 5pm I was hobbling and the next day I couldn't walk. Or the next. Sciatica, and still 12 weeks out from having this baby. In the words of my chiro- we are going to be battling this for the next 12 weeks. Which reduced me to tears, since I need to bend and carry and can't even barely stand and most certainly can't take to my bed for hours, since I have a 16 month old. I knew this would happen, as I suffered the same thing towards the end of my last pregnancy, but not with 3 months still to go. Grr.

But the baby boy is struggling even worse than that. Last week he got his first childhood illness- foot, hand and mouth disease, then came through that to develop a snuffly nose this week. He capped this off yesterday by dropping a heavy wooden chair straight on his big toe and smashing it. Blood, screaming, swelling, writhing, blood. It was really awful. But it's mostly ok- not broken or needing stitches, just fat and blue.

So he and I are both hobbling, he's sneezing and dribbling, I'm intermittently crying from tiredness or pain, since G's ailments are waking him up so no one is sleeping properly and we are a big old mess.

Thank goodness for the baker, who can still bend to do the bath, lift the rubbish bin and not complain when I'm complaining too much and have eaten all the chocolate gelato from the freezer. What a soldier.

No comments: