Tuesday, July 28, 2009

my Lou



I finally found a moment to take Lucien to the Health Nurse for his 6-8 month check up. At nine months old (yikes!). Obviously I wasn't worried about his development in any way. Have a look at the photo, he's a baby, plus, plus.

We it's actually official now. He is a champion baby. Because we hadn't spent much time around other babies, I'd totally lost my judgement about his size and heft. But the nurse confirmed my suspicions today. His weight is average for a 12 month old and his height and head circumference is average for a 15 month old! At nine months! Go Lou!

People had commented on how big he is, and my line was usually something about him having taken an evolutionary leap, and with us being tall and all....Now I have some stats to thrill them with.

This week he has mastered crawling and zooms over to me whenever I appear. The new mobility has borne new attitude too and he's constantly tussling with Gabriel and growling at him when he can't get what he wants. Good on you Lou, my nugget champion.

No comments: