Thursday, July 23, 2009

time is everything

Since our life changed so dramatically recently, there have been some big adjustments to be made.
I was the most exhausted I have ever, ever been, living in a funk but still expecting to be able to make difficult decisions and maintain our former life while in the first months of running a busy but struggling small business, with no experience and limited access to resources. Many, many things gave way under the pressure. Cooking and cleaning were the first to go.

Now we are six months on and I have had a chance to get my head back. Every aspect of how we live has been examined and evaluated. Mainly because the baker is flat chat baking at the moment, so everything else falls to me, and I am but one person. Home and garden, children, paperwork, phone calls, extended family contact, managing the bakery shop, banking, meetings, sales calls......there is only so much one can do, whilst trying to maintain a breastfeeding regime and get a teeny bit of broken sleep.

Thankfully I have equally as busy friends who can offer some great advice. Recently on this blog, some terrific time/food/family management ideas were posted and actually managed to implement some of them. As my kids get older and the baker is home a bit more, other tips will come in real handy (like getting the baker to cook or clean!)

Then another wonderful web cruiser sent me this link and life became easier still.

So this post is for those who need a but of help. Everyone actually.

No comments: