Monday, March 17, 2008

cheap easter

We have a lovely little Easter weekend coming up. But I'm only mentioning it to demonstrate another savings tip. The lesson here is that you must know your resources and use them.

My brother in law works for a hotel chain, which offers cheap city rooms for family and friends. And when they host for special events, like tennis or the Comedy Festival, there can also be free tickets to the events. Boom, boom.

So Easter weekend is a night in a hotel, complementary tickets to some stand-up and free baby sitting by willing uncle and aunty. Marvellous. Much better than a ton of chocolate.

I say that it's a savings tip, but maybe I'm mentioning it because I'm thrilled about our first real, adult outing since the baby boy arrived. Not counting a failed dinner out at a supposedly great restaurant while on cheapo holidays in Sydney. I just hope we can squeeze in Yum-Cha, too!

No comments: